Popular Posts

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Keeping on track with Multimedia

The smartphone is doing it's job. I read my chapters into it and replay when my hands are busy doing something else; this way, I can keep the threads in some harmonious progression in my head without having to sit motionless at the computer to review, which I haven't time to do.  I never thought that a phone could help me write. Indeed it is a multimedia experience; from my pc I can convert the Word documents to PDFs and have the pc read to me instead, without having to record anything - the only problem being the reader reads very, very fast and I do not know how to slow it down so I can actually follow. I am sure there is a way though!
The beauty of the smartphone way is that with earbuds, I can listen anytime - at lunch, while walking, while waiting in line. I can make another quick recording with my edits, and type them at the pc later.
I'm about two thirds of the way through the m/s. It has a definite Shape. It is a challenging project when I work full-time, take care of Mr. CelticJaneite and our home! The threads unravel when I leave it for any length of time, I use the smartphone to keep my own creation before my eyes. Working with multiple characters stories, all interwoven here and there, is like following a knitting pattern. If you take your eye from what's just come off the needles you can get a little lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment