Popular Posts

Monday, May 27, 2013

Jane, what were you thinking?

I just had some time off - a full week devoted to Writing - and Art, for a respite...the rain poured down, a  warm and soft May rain, so there were no lawnmowers or trimmers or any machines...just the rain thrumming outside on the roof. Is there any sound nicer? It is like a distant muffled drumbeat. Then it stops for a short while; the birds sing a little aria and then the drumbeat begins again.
I was able to firm up my timeline for Delaford, figure out for good when everything took place and link it up to real events, accurately I hope. The characters are developing nicely. I have taken a leaf from Ang Lee and  call Margaret 'Meg' - she has a prominent role and it is just so easy to confuse her name with Marianne's. Jane, what were you thinking? Didn't you think people would want to write sequels and develop her character? Why did not you call her - Catherine or Georgina?
And you never gave us Colonel Brandon's Christian name. We have had to make that up too. Neither do we know Mrs. Dashwood's Christian name. I am thinking Lenore, though she has been called Mary in an adaptation. But her eldest daughter is Elinor so I think she could be a Lenore and Lenora or Eleanor.
Back to work tomorrow. But I loved my Writing Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment