Popular Posts

Saturday, May 11, 2013

THE CHALLENGE OF THE PART-TIME WRITER


 

I'm a part-time writer. I work full-time and keep a house and take care of Mr. CelticJaneite, the last being the easiest of the three!

Writing and working full-time has its challenges. I work at a computer. My work can be repetitive; my work environment can be at different times very quiet and extremely distracting and I have learned: a. get enough sleep at night to avoid dozing off at the quiet times and help me focus and b. play something in the background to block out the busy environment and help me focus. My work is also demanding at times; pressured with deadlines, and I have to multi-task.

But the most pressing problem I have is: How do I find time to write? To immerse myself in my writing; to read and re-read, edit and rewrite…and in the case of writing a believable sequel, how do I get to know the original work well enough to be true to it?

In this Blog I will write about: environment required to write.
support
commitment and self-discipline
 progress
creative ways to address the most pressing problem described above.
How do I find time to write?
and anything else that occurs to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment