Popular Posts

Saturday, May 11, 2013

MIX IT UP


 
I don’t think I could be one of those writers who seclude themselves away in somebody’s beachhouse. It sounds attractive in a way; but I think I would not want to come in from the beach, and if I was writing the delighted cries of little kids might distract me. I like writing because it takes me away from a busy, active life which in itself is stimulating.

I’ve worked in healthcare all my life but have no desire to write about it. Apart from my saying to myself, no, that would never happen in real life, and having a real problem with suspending credibility, I like to depart completely from my job when I am not there, and go elsewhere.

It is 7pm Pacific Time in the USA, and I’m ready to write until midnight. But I have stuff to do as well; laundry is a good thing to do when you are writing…it does itself. I hang-dry clothes which gives me a break from the keyboard.

My motto is ‘MIX IT UP’. It works for me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment